At Chadwell Heath Academy we take our collective responsibility to promote the welfare and safety of all students and staff very seriously. All students and staff have the right to be safe from all forms of maltreatment, neglect, sexual exploitation, bullying, discrimination, crime and anti-social behaviour.
If you have a safeguarding concern please do contact the Safeguard Team:
• Mr D. Thompson is the Designed Safeguard Lead. If you are unable to reach Mr Thompson or would rather speak to another member of the team then please take your concerns to Marie Rashid, Michelle Green or Emily Ruiz who are also part of the Safeguard team.
• 0208 252 5151 ext 227.
• The Governor with responsibility for Safeguarding is Mr P. Terry.
If your concern is outside of school hours you can contact:
• Redbridge Child Protection & Assessment Team : 020-8708-3781/3885
• The Redbridge Emergency Duty Social Work Team contacted via Redbridge Control Centre on 020-8553-5825.
As a parent you may find the following links useful in dealing with safeguarding issues:
- Helping to have difficult conversations with your children: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/talking-about-difficult-topics/
- Keeping your child safe when they are away from home: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/staying-safe-away-from-home/
- Self-Harm: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-guide-to-support-a-z/parents-guide-to-support-self-harm/
- FGM: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/female-genital-mutilation-fgm/
- Radicalisation: https://childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/worries-about-the-world/ and https://educateagainsthate.com/parents/