At Chadwell Heath Academy we take our collective responsibility to promote the welfare, physical and mental health, and safety of all students and staff very seriously. All students and staff have the right to be safe from all forms of maltreatment, neglect, sexual exploitation, bullying, discrimination, crime and anti-social behaviour.
If you have a safeguarding concern please do contact the Safeguard Team:
Ms H Box is the Designed Safeguard Lead. If you are unable to reach Ms Box or would rather speak to another member of the team then please take your concerns to Mrs Rashid, Mrs Green or Miss Sargeant who are also part of the Safeguard team. Miss Sargeant is the Mental Health lead.
- 0208 252 5151 ext 227.
- The Governor with responsibility for Safeguarding is Mr Wilkinson.
If your concern is outside of school hours you can contact:
• Redbridge Child Protection & Assessment Team : 020-8708-3781/3885
• The Redbridge Emergency Duty Social Work Team contacted via Redbridge Control Centre on 020-8553-5825.
As a parent you may find the following links useful in dealing with safeguarding issues:
- Helping to have difficult conversations with your children: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/talking-about-difficult-topics/
- Keeping your child safe when they are away from home: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/staying-safe-away-from-home/
- Self-Harm: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-guide-to-support-a-z/parents-guide-to-support-self-harm/
- FGM: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/female-genital-mutilation-fgm/
- Radicalisation: https://childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/worries-about-the-world/ and https://educateagainsthate.com/parents/ What to do if you are worried someone close is expressing extreme views or hatred, which could lead to them harming themselves or other: https://actearly.uk/
- Operation Encompass is a Police and education early intervention safeguarding partnership which ensures that a child's school is informed, prior to the start of the next school day, to allow the school to be fully informed and prepared to support young people who have witnessed or been victims of domestic abuse: https://www.operationencompass.org/