We are currently advertising for three positions:
Teacher of Product Design and Technology (MPS Outer London) NQT
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist teacher of Product Design and Technology for a January/April 2020 start. We welcome applications from NQTs.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. In our last inspection the School was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in all categories. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a multi-cultural community.
What we offer:
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
- A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
- A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
- To work in a modern, well-resourced Product Design and Technology suite, comprising excellent facilities.
- Opportunities for in-house career progression.
- Students who are eager to learn, with 90% of our students going on to university study.
- You will be joining collegiate, hard-working and supportive department.
- Each teacher has their own workshop and access to computer suites.
- The department has all the latest machines for the workshop and two computer suites which come with three 3D printers and two large laser cutters.
- A-level has always been strong with two groups at AS-level and two groups at A-level this is due to the fantastic outcomes and results at GCSE and also due to pupils recognising the quality of teaching and supporting nature within the department.
- The department currently offers AQA Design & Technology specialising in Product Design at Key stage 4 and 5
What you offer:
- You will be passionate about teaching Product Design and Technology and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
- A strong academic background in the Product Design and Technology area.
- Be hard working and driven by the belief that all pupils are capable of academic success.
- Approach your own teaching with a philosophy of continuous improvement in all areas.
- Share the school and department’s view that success is a result of great and inspirational teaching and long term input.
- Able to approach the pressures of teaching with humour.
- You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of departmental and school life.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. Please click the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 22nd November 2019
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.
Learning Support Assistant
REQUIRED FOR JANUARY 2020
Permanent Contract. 30 hours per week (term time only) Hours 8.45 a.m. to 3.25 p.m.
Scale 2 of the APT & C scale £14,751.18 to £15,016.68 (dependant on experience)
We require a classroom assistant to work within the Inclusion Department, specifically pupils with SEN & EAL needs. You will be required to help pupils in the classroom to achieve. Some experience of working in schools and ICT skills would be desirable, but not essential. A good command of the English language is essential.
Please download and complete the Non-Teaching Application Form available from the School’s Website only or contact the main School office.
Closing date: Monday 18th November 2019 at midday
Examinations Invigilators – Urgently Required
£10.50 per hour
Part-time - Hours as and when required
We are currently looking to expand our team of invigilators and are looking for efficient, calm, flexible and well organised people. Good communication skills, an observant eye and attention to detail are essential.
The role involves overseeing and supervising examinations and ensuring that Examination Board Regulations are adhered to at all times. Training will be provide for both new and experience invigilators. Hours are varied; the examination period covers most of January, March, April, May and June each year.
Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Non Teaching Application forms can be downloaded from the school website or contact the main school office. Application form can be emailed or posted, CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 22nd November 2019