Teacher of Media and Film
(MP/UPS Outer London)
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist teacher of Media and Film for April or September 2024.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. Both our Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores place us in the highest 20% nationally. Our average point score per A-level entry expressed as a grade (summer 2022) was C+. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a mixed gender, multi-cultural community.
What we offer
- The opportunity to lead a thriving department.
- A modern, well-resourced Media and Film suite, comprising excellent facilities including an Apple mac suite, TV studio and DSLR cameras.
- A comprehensive induction programme for all staff new to the School.
- One to one support from a designated Line Manager.
- Control of the department budget.
- An opportunity to develop both your teaching and leadership through bespoke CPD provision.
- Opportunities for in-house career progression.
- The opportunity to teach pupils across the ability range at Key Stages 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A-Level & CTEC).
- The opportunity to develop a range of extra-curricular activities that place Media and Film at the heart of the School.
What you offer
- Forward thinking leadership with the ability to set out and deliver a clear and successful shared vision for the Media and Film Department.
- The ability to deal with a range of issues and to lead short and long-term planning within the Department.
- The inspiration and drive to provide a world class Media and Film experience for the pupils at Chadwell Heath Academy.
- Personal resilience, a strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills in communication with all stakeholders and the ability to budget.
- You will be able to analyse performance data to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning within the Department.
- You will demonstrate the ability to both hold colleagues to account and reward their efforts through our system of performance management.
- The ability to lead by example of professionalism and good practice. The successful candidate for this post will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of improving learning and raising pupil achievement.
How to apply
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. The closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 9th February, 2024.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and advise therefore, that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.
- Add link to supporting document 1