Teacher of Business Studies
(MP/UPS/ECT Outer London)
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist teacher of Business Studies for April or September 2024. We welcome applications from ECTs.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. Both our Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores place us in the highest 20% nationally. Our average point score per A-level entry expressed as a grade (summer 2022) was C+. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a mixed gender, multi-cultural community.
What we offer
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
- A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
- A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
- To work in a modern, well-resourced Business suite, comprising excellent facilities.
- Opportunities for in-house career progression.
- Students who are eager to learn, with 90% of our students going on to university study.
- You will be joining a thriving department offering pupils: GCSE Business, A Level Business and Economics, Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma in Business and LIBF Diploma in Financial Studies
- The department has an excellent long term track record of academic success. At Key Stage 4 the department’s value added is consistently well above the national average.
What you offer
- You will be passionate about teaching Business Education and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
- A strong academic background in the Business Studies or Economics areas.
- Be hard working and driven by the belief that all pupils are capable of academic success.
- Approach your own teaching with a philosophy of continuous improvement in all areas.
- Share the school and department’s view that success is a result of great and inspirational teaching and long-term input.
- Able to approach the pressures of teaching with humour.
- You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of departmental and school life.
How to apply
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. The closing date for applications is Friday 9th April, 2024.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and advise therefore, that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.
- Add link to supporting document 1