We realise how important your future is and we want to support you in achieving your aspirations. At Chadwell Heath Academy we run a comprehensive programme of events to help you make the next step with confidence. Over the two years in Sixth Form, you will attend a series of lectures, workshops and educational visits designed to give you a head start.
- Five dedicated University and Careers Days
- Specialist Upper Sixth Form Tutors to guide students through the process
- Personal statement and job application workshops
- Student finance lectures
- Applying to UCAS seminar
- Educational visits to Olympia Higher Education Fair and Queen Mary University, London University Fair
- Interview and group activity techniques
- An in-depth Career’s interview with Sixth Form Specialist Career Advisors
- Access to a range of programmes run by professional bodies and Universities such as the LSE Choice Programme, Summer School for the Sutton Trust, Pathways to Modern, Women in Science at Oxford and Power Engineering at Aston Pembroke
- Apprenticeships and the University of Cambridge Pharmacology master class Series
- The opportunity to meet and talk to University Lecturers, Professionals and Experts in a range of fields. These have included Amy Aukland, Newnham College, Paul Hampson Westminster University, John Orchard Essex University, Fiona Williams Barrister, Dr Sue Harris Queen Mary University and Dr Neil Cooper University of East Anglia
- Participation in Enrichment Activities designed to work on skills desired by Universities
- Timeout for University courses that run during school time
15 October 2018 at 18:00 (UK time) – any course at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, or for most courses in medicine, veterinary medicine/science, and dentistry. You can add choices with a different deadline later, but don’t forget you can only have five choices in total.
15 January 2019 at 18:00 (UK time) – for the majority of courses.